1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's besides the point.

USC -- right now -- is the best team not called Alabama Crimson Tide.

(Watch, they'll go to the Rose Bowl and lose by 21.)

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll just repeat that yours is an incredibly lonely position.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, @ChrisLong agrees too!

I've seen every other "best" team ... Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisco, Penn State.

I'd put money on USC to beat all of them.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

No. They'll play some team from thousands of miles away that gets distracted with all the festivities. Then USC will win, and people will wonder how that could possibly have happened.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Line up the 5 conferences add ND and a few top teams in lesser conferences. Seed them and run a double elimination tourney.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You don't enjoy money very much then.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who is better than USC? The team that almost lost to Michigan State? The team that beat (the actual) Troy in a dogfight? The team that lost to Iowa?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Aug. 31:

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's bad. But even worse is that @Michael_ Gee picked the Larry Bird-led Celtics to win that game.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Those who are dissing USC must not have noticed their domination over the last eight games.
    They had Utah beat, too, despite three fumbles in the red zone in the first half of Darnold's first collegiate start -- he fumbled twice and soph TB Ronald Jones fumbled the third time. When Darnold eliminated the rookie errors, he and the team were unstoppable. Utah drove 90+ yards for the last-second winning TD, converting two or three times on fourth down.
    Just to make sure everyone is clear on this, I (and probably Songbird) am not saying USC should be in the final four. I (we) are just saying that USC would beat any team in the country right now except Alabama.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

old quote:
    Aug. 31:
    USC 24, Alabama 20
    end old quote

###

My feeling before opening day. I was hoping the Trojans could keep it within 2 touchdowns and not be embarrassed.
    They didn't and they were.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That "would" is what's bothering me. I find it very hard to believe that there's a team out there that strong yet that underappreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted