1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Then the Big 10 championship game tonight means nothing. Neither one of them is jumping Michigan at 5.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They're not jumping Michigan.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now, I will say that if both Ohio State and Michigan would somehow find their way in and tonight's winner is out, they would have a pretty legitimate bitch.

I think a lot of people looked at last week's game as the true B1G championship. But the actual results do mean something, and the Buckeyes and Wolverines are Nos. 3 and 4 in the conference by the raw numbers.

Regarding tonight: A very even matchup. Have no idea which way it will go. Watch how many big-chunk plays Penn State manages. That's going to tell a lot.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No. FSU. After Tech is rolled by Clemson FSU will be the next highest-ranked ACC team and by rule will go to Orange.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Why would big-chunk plays matter?

Winning by 1 or 19 tonight means the same thing: league title.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Clemson isn't beating Tech.

7. jr/shotglass

Because if Penn State doesn't pick up yardage in bunches, they don't pick up a whole lot of yardage. They're the type of team that lives by -2, 1 and 17 yards. Barkley, especially, is a very exciting talent, but he's actually been quite erratic.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think Wisconsin might jump Michigan.

9. Songbird

Total yards (passing, rushing) for the top 4 teams in the Big 10 ...

Ohio State
    Michigan
    Penn State
    Wisconsin

Difference between Penn State and Michigan is 116 yards.

10. jr/shotglass

And Penn State has had great success picking up those yards in big plays. I saw somewhere that their top eight receivers are all averaging 13 yards a catch or better. Just saying, they're not an 18-play, 87-yard drive type of ballclub.

11. jr/shotglass

Whoever wins might jump Michigan. The two teams don't have much difference in resume.

12. Songbird

Which 18-play 87-yard drive type of ballclubs are in contention for the playoff?

Draft saved Draft deleted