1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you haven't met me, I don't do three pages of arm wrestling. :) I stand by what I said. You don't think it means as much. OK.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My 5-year-old daughter this morning, referencing Verne Lundquist.

"Did you see the Alabama football game where they booed the announcer because he doesn't like Alabama?"

It starts early down here.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Try being a UAB fan. "Are you Auburn or Alabama?" "Hell, no!".

I teach little kids to respond to that with "Hell, no, I'm a UAB fan!". Pissed off a couple of mommas.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was hustling my way to the parking lot after the (spring) Sunday race at 'Dega. In front of me was a guy and his early teens son, decked out in Auburn shirts/hats, and evidently talking about college. I could hear little more than snippets, but apparently the kid had said something about going somewhere other than Auburn. Dad's response was loud and clear: "I don't care how good a program so-and-so has, you're going to Auburn!"

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They're very different. Wisconsin has two losses and wouldn't even be there but for the inequitable split in the divisions. Penn State has one loss and the biggest win of any team in the nation with the possible exception of Pitt (which has by far the biggest pair of wins of any team in the nation).

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

Two losses. Pitt and Michigan.

7. LongTimeListener

One loss in conference, I mean. Point being, Wisconsin is in the title game as the Big Ten's fourth-place team.

8. jr/shotglass

Good year, bad year or indifferent, I do love watching Navy run this offense.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Completely unnoticed by most, Temple has gone out and had another damn good season. Last year, it front-loaded all of the winning. Wasn't noticed this year because they back-loaded them after losing two of the first three.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I assume the one over Clemson's one of those ... what's the other?

11. LongTimeListener

Penn State.

Kinda hard to believe they lost four games, eh?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Are you high?

Draft saved Draft deleted