1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They've already done this once -- in 2014 they jumped Ohio State over TCU and Baylor even though both won that day. Baylor's win was against Kansas State, which was 9-2 and ranked #9 entering that game.

Granted, that was Ohio State putting up a 59-0 score, but the point is we've seen the committee jump one team ahead of another for reasons we don't understand.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

While I would disagree, I could see Penn State instead of UW at No. 4.

Michigan? That would be a total crock.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, I am more interested tomorrow in seeing who USC is going to cream in a bowl game..

5. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

I would love to see PSU in the playoffs. But only if they knock out OSU, showing that they want the top four conference champions. Otherwise, I don't see knocking out a 1-loss major conference champion for a 2-loss one.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That should trump Bama.

TyWebb and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everyone.Ever.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

1) The argument is that if you reward Washington for chickening out in September, say goodbye to any meaningful non-conference games. Why would anyone risk it if you can just play scrimmages for a month?

2) Nate Silver sucks at sports.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

USC - The Phil Collins of college football

exmediahack and HanSenSE like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OhioState v Michigan as the#2&3 seeds would be the highest rated college,football game of the year and probably of the last 10 years. And that's what the sport is all about. Best game. Best Story.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bama will beat UW by 40.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think I'm hung up on the fact that last week's rankings (and all previous rankings) are supposed to actually mean something. If they put Penn State in over Washington, then it is confirmation that they don't, which I would be totally fine with if that's the case moving forward. Don't release any rankings until the final one, then you can make those kinds of tough calls without having to consider and justify what you said last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted