1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

USC can beat the fuck out of conference champions.

One-loss majors, too!!1!!!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Look up at what I said about 2014. There was no logical reason to move Ohio State ahead of Baylor.

3. Riptide

Fuck that. They played already. Story over.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A lot of old-school football types, including some in that room, consider the first result a tie.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah and that's a good point. There's already a precedent. And I still think that decision was hard to justify then, even though Ohio State won it all, because of the previous rankings.

Eliminate the previous rankings, and it is a lot easier to justify.

6. Riptide

Yeah, fine. Whatever. But ties don't advance your case if you're Michy.

November counts most. Win or go home.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nice second half. That is what they do, and McSorley's a ballsy kid.

That said, it changes what's going down not one whit. Washington has nothing to worry about. And Nittany Nation can cry their alligator tears all they want. 49-10 is 49-10.

But mainly, I'm just happy for the waitresses.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What advances Michigan's case is that they whupped Penn State, which just showed how good it is by beating another team Michigan beat, while Washington played a bunch of meh teams (except for USC, who beat them).

9. jr/shotglass

Oh, yes. Penn State will trail Southern Cal 21-10 at halftime in Pasadena before scoring 35 unanswered points in the second half against the best team that isn't Alabama. ;)

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I didn't expect Wisconsin to get in but, damn, what a shitshow.

The moment they were up 28-7 late with the hall after BRZ's second gift on fourth down to Wisconsin, Chryst went away from the run against a gassed defense.

They passed twice, got stopped and Penn State began their onslaught. Wisconsin could have easily gone into halftime up 31-7 or 35-7.

Yet, even with that, Penn State was freaking amazing in the second half.

Oddly happy for PSU. Michigan or Ohio State will play in this game 9 out of every 10 years unless they realign the conferences.

One concern I have tonight for Penn State fans is their safety when crossing the streets tonight in Indy. That's because they always look the other way.

11. Riptide

Things looked bleak early, but McSorley repeatedly burned the nation's No. 3 defense with long passes on a record-breaking night.

Not too shabby, that ...

12. jr/shotglass

Love McSorley, but it helps a hell of a lot when you have four receivers who continually win 50-50 balls.

Draft saved Draft deleted