1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Officials bail the Bills out. Buffalo receiver Woods falls on a third-and-13 pass. The ball bounced off him into the arms of William Gay, who returned it for a touchown, but it was called back on a shaky defensive holding call against Artie Burns.

The Steelers forced a punt with the help of their third sack of the game, but lose the points.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you take a sample of any five Marcus Mariota plays, three make you think he's football Jesus and the other two make you wonder if he's attending his first game.

UPChip likes this.
  3. outofplace

Huge mistake by the Steelers. Roethlisberger throws his second interception of the game on what looked like a miscommunication between him and Brown to give the Bills the ball on the Pittsburgh six. The Steelers have completely dominated the game and the Bills now have a great shot to pull within seven.

Edit: Bills convert on a touchdown to Watkins, who ran across a zone that left way too much open space. Davis reacted to slowly, but I do not understand why there wasn't a man on Watkins with safety help on a third-and-goal from the eight.

Roethlisberger has done some great things in this game, but he has thrown three awful passes and two of them were interceptions that have kept the Bills in the game. The other was a ball that should have been picked off in the end zone on Pittsburgh's first touchdown drive.

The Steelers need a good drive here. Roethlisberger needs to sharpen up. A big key to the three-game winning streak had been taking care of the football.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  4. outofplace

Great blitz call by the Bills. They caught the Steelers in a screen and blew it up to stop what looked like another promising drive. That second interception completely turned this game. Roethlisberger looks shaky and the Bills have life after getting shoved around most of the half.

Buffalo misses on third down, but the Bills seem to have figured out how to better attack the Pittsburgh zone coverage. The Steelers were getting to Taylor early, but not as much the last couple of drives. What looked like it might be a blowout now has the feel of a tight game the rest of the way.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So...RGIII is currently 2-for-10. That's.....not that great.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Conflicted. I have the Steelers under 10.5 wins and the Bills under 8.5.

I'm rooting for a tie. Pure and simple.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But he's redefining the position. And you people need to understand that

8. exmediahack

Had a bad feeling for Denver when everyone was jumping on the Broncos this week vs the Tittyuns.

9. outofplace

I'm guessing you're going to get the Buffalo end of it. The Steelers are so thin up front on defense. They had a shot to take control of this game and Roethlisberger literally threw it away. I expect the Bills to wear down the Steelers' defense in the second half.

Roethlisberger has not been sharp. He made one great throw on the long pass to Brown, but the other big chunk came on a screen that Bell turned into a big gain. So far, the Bills have made the better in-game adjustments on offense and defense.

Even better, the field in Buffalo is a complete mess. The rubber pellets from the artificial surface are piled up on the sidelines, making for dangerous conditions. The start of the second half is being delayed to try to clean it up.

10. exmediahack

If buffalo wins today, I win one bet today. Yet if Pittsburgh wins, I may get both of them before the end of the regular season.

11. outofplace

Pittsburgh certainly can still win, but it is going to take a better half from Roethlisberger and maybe a few big plays on defense.

12. exmediahack

Pittsburgh has the better QB and coach. They'll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted