1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With the exception of the game against the Patriots, you could have said that for most of the Steelers' games this year and they have lost four of the others.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Let me amend this. The other side has Rex Ryan.

You'll be fine.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. outofplace

Wow. The Pittsburgh offensive line just dominated the Bills for 82 yards. Bell did a great job running and had 72 of the 82 yards on the drive, but the blocking was outstanding. The one third down they had to convert with a pass, Roethlisberger had a tremendous amount of time for his receiver to come open after the Bills had great initial coverage. Steelers up, 21-7, and Bell has 149 yards and three touchdowns rushing.

The difference so far isn't Roethlisberger or Tomlin. It is Bell and his offensive line.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bell's run for 150 and three scores. This game is close? Not the one I've watched since I got home.

5. outofplace

NFL refutes report that Steelers may have tampered with footballs against Giants

The NFL issued a statement refuting the Jay Glazer's story about the Steelers being accused of deflating footballs. According to the league, there hasn't been a formal complaint. This is fine, but I do wish the league statement included a line about looking into it. They pretty much have to just for the sake of appearance after what happened with the Patriots.

6. outofplace

It was a seven-point game and the Bills had momentum at the half, but that drive turned things for the moment, at least.

7. outofplace

First-and-20 after a hold and the Steelers run a lead play off left guard for 33 yards and it looked kinda easy.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was amazed to look at the scoreboard and find the Steelers dominating 21-7.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Eagles already down a longsnapper now has its backup go down. Celek messed up a snap on a field goal but with him down Eagles not sure what they're going to do. They're down by two to Washington in the fourth.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bullshit hit on Sproles on a punt. Ejection sure to come.

12. outofplace

Roethlisberger really is determined to make this a game. Terrible throw that the Bills intercepted in the end zone to keep the Pittsburgh lead at 14. Hell, even a field goal there pretty much puts the game away.

Taylor then bails the Steelers out with an interception to Artie Burns. Just an awful throw by Taylor. Into coverage and underthrown when he had somebody open over the middle. A penalty on the return puts it back near midfield, but Pittsburgh can go back to running Bell, who jus went over 200 yards rushing.

Draft saved Draft deleted