1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Steelers won, which Steelers fans aren't happy with.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Supposedly, the Steelers have a decent amount of cap room this offseason. They are going to need it. Bell is earning himself a big chunk of it. I know Buffalo has a weak run defense, but a team-record 228 yards, three touchdowns and nearly 300 yards of total offense is damn impressive.

3. outofplace

Then the Cardinals did nothing with the drive and allowed a big punt return to set up the Dolphins up at the Arizona 47 with 1:29 remaining.

4. outofplace

Moore throws up a prayer for the Dolphins and it is answered with a catch at the Cardinals' two. If the defender finds the ball instead of panicking, that could have gone very badly for Miami.

Wow. The Dolphins nearly blew it, getting the timeout called with one second remaining. Andrew Franks with a chip shot in the downpour to win it.

Dolphins win, but they may have lost Tannehill in the process. That hit on his knee did look ugly. Clean hit, but ugly.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dolphins came within a second of screwing themselves out of the game-winning FG with that nonsense running around on a doomed screen pass.

6. outofplace

I understand not wanting to trust Franks in the pouring rain, but that was dumb. The rain can mess up an offensive play, too, and it did. Moore was falling down as he got the ball to the back on that play.

7. Ben is NO Brady.
    He'll be banned from the League if this is proven true.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Great defense Rex and Rob. Pops would be proud. Good thing you fired your O coordinator after the Jets game. Your team looked like one of the shit Big 8 teams going against Nebraska or Oklahoma in the 80s. Bad defenses don't allow RBs to go for 200 in the NFL these days.

9. The Bills hiring Ryan was a stupid move to begin with.He left and came into the exact same situation going from NY to Buffalo. They can't surprised with the same results.

Hard to believe Bell is the 1st Steelers back to run for four straight 100-yard games since 2004.

I don't know if he'll be a Steeler next year or not. They way he's played the last month, you keep him. $$$
    Of course Burfict and Bengals come to town next week, so we'll see if Bell, Brown and Ben escape healthy.

10. outofplace

Bell presents a tough situation. He is one more drug violation away from a very long suspension, but his play the last few weeks has put him right back in the conversation for the best back in the league. Do you commit big money to a guy with that type of risk?

They also have to make a decision on Timmons and assume Harrison will finally retire, though it helps that they may finally have at least one other option at outside linebacker with Dupree playing so well.

That offense could be pretty amazing next year if they keep Bell and Bryant manages to stay out of trouble and return from his suspension. Imagine trying to stop the run and trying to find a way to cover Brown, Bryant, Green and Bell with Roethlisberger throwing behind a very good offensive line. There are just so many variables getting in the way of that happening that I doubt we will see it.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Packers absolutely trucking Seattle, up 21-3 early in the 2Q.

Seahawks getting zero pressure on Rodgers, and he's carving the secondary apart.

12. outofplace

Ryan apparently refused to commit to starting Taylor at quarterback next week. It could just be Ryan playing games, which he loves to do, but I think it would be pretty foolish to make a change. Taylor wasn't great, but do they really have another option worth looking at?

Draft saved Draft deleted