1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

In a way hard to believe, but then in a way not really hard to believe. How many years have they had Big Ben and also Brown. It's definitely a passing league. They've had some good RBs, but since Big Ben has been there, which was right after 04, they have been more pass than run, like most teams. Just think it's funny that Rex is such a loudmouth buffoon and fired the O coordinator early in the season. then after beating the Pats, got up and basically said F you to everyone who doubted us. What do you say to the doubters/haters today Rex?

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how the Packers stopped sucking, to be honest. This boggles my mind.

I'll let ESPN's Mina Kimes describe it from the other side:

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll getting shredded.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

To be fair to RGIII, you could see he didn't have a whole lot of options from the wide-angle overhead replay. There were only two receivers in the pattern. The guy on the left side of the field was in single coverage but also blanketed and not really looking for the ball. Then there was the one he threw to. There was nobody to check down to, and the pocket was starting to cave in with no room to escape or buy time. So it's either wing it downfield and hope for the best, or take a safety.
    Make fun of the play call, maybe, and the fact that it was a very Brownsy play, but it was also great defense by the Bengals. They didn't bite on the trickery and the line forced Griffin into making a decision I'm sure he'd rather not have to make.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Seattle reminds me of the Bears teams after 1985. Good records and still have some of the magic but they've lost too many holes.

Always remember that team was stacked on talent while Wilson was making damn near the league minimum.

That was like having a free Mercedes on a 60k salary a year. Now the $617 a month payments are due. Something else has to get cut.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Niners are so bad even the Jets look like a great team. My God.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well Joe B said they play like today no one in the NFC beats them. Guess he didn't watch since it was an NBC game, but couple weeks ago the Redskins kicked the piss out of them up and down the field and pretty much anyone in the NFC would've beat them that night.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you think you're contradicting what Buck said, but you aren't.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Florio says the Steelers balls measured 11.8 and 11.4 during their game with the Giants.
    https://t.co/P3TfNyzeYG

So that should cost the Steelers a first and a fourth and a million bucks, 4 games for Big Ben if he doesn't turn over his cell phone to prove he didn't do it and, if memory serves, the Giants should be fined and penalized draft picks for measuring the balls on the sideline.

Or the NFL can push this under the rug as quickly as possible. Either one.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh give it a rest, Rhody. We all know the poor Patriots are eternal victims. Whining winners are not appealing. Look at Trump.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Should I bother to explain everything wrong with this post to Rhody or just dismiss it as more Patriots fanboy whining?

I will say that Rhody pulled a YF there, clearly not even bothering to read the article he linked. There is a point to be made here, but Rhody has his head shoved too far up Bill Belichick's hoodie to see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted