1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/p...bage-after-bengals-beat-browns-224256687.html

This should not be news to anybody, but Pacman Jones was acting like an asshole after Sunday's game. Perhaps someone might want to explain to him that beating the Browns isn't much to trash talk about, especially during a lost season for his own team.

For those who don't care to read, Jones repeatedly answered questions about Terrelle Pryor with the same one-word answer: garbage. To be fair, the Bengals did hold Pryor to one catch for three yards Sunday.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

He maaaaad

3. Rhody31

Give it a rest? After listening to OOP bitch and complain for almost two years about the Patriots being cheaters and how the punishment was deserved?
    Nah, I'm just gonna enjoy the show

4. outofplace

The Patriots are cheaters, fanboy. They were busted with Spygate. They were busted with Deflategate. Brady got busted trying to cover it up. Just because it all made you so angry does not mean that I feel the same way based on today's accusation against the Steelers.

I know you desperately want me to whine the same way you did, but I'll just stick to the facts. The Steelers have no Spygate in their history. The article you posted explains the many reasons why the evidence in this case is flimsy at best. If the Steelers did something, I want to see them busted for it, but the penalty likely would not be the same as the Patriots because they don't have a Spygate in their history.

Also, unlike your team's owner, I expect the Rooneys to accept whatever action the league takes.

What I don't like is the league trying to dismiss this so quickly. They absolutely need to engage in a real, thorough and transparent investigation if for no other reason than to shut the mouths of the whiny fanboys in New England. Given the league's recent history, I think it is safe to say they will fuck this up, if they haven't done so already. That is the real discussion to be had here if you would actually have the sense to engage in it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. Rhody31

Fanboi

6. outofplace

Sorry, I don't use that spelling, but we all know what you are. You have proven it on this site for years. Your team lost in the league office and in court and you still can't stop.

Seriously, go back and read the article you posted. Maybe you will finally realize how silly you sound. Me? I have to wrap my head around the awful task ahead of me tomorrow night. I will have to root for the Patriots.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Umm yeah wasn't thinking i was contradicting what he said. He said tonight GB was great and if they play like that they may be the best team in the NFC
    But they're not the best team in the NFC.

A few weeks ago, Washington kicked their dicks in the dirt. And if they played like that they looked like the worst team in the NFC. But it would've been kind of asinine to say then that they look like the worst team in the NFC. Just like it's kimd of asinine to think they look like the best team in the NFC because of this game.

8. Rhody31

It's not my team. I don't own it. I root for it.

9. outofplace

Pardon my confusion. Your inability to accept the consequences the Patriots brought upon themselves does seem so much like Kraft's. :D

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Falcons scored 42 but Freeman had zero fan points. Go figure .

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If I'm Bob Kraft, I walk away from this latest ball pressure mess and high-road it. Nothing to be gained. Let these slappies sort it out for themselves.

Rhody31 likes this.
  12. outofplace

He might take that route for now, but if the league doesn't take action against the Steelers, I can imagine Kraft raising a fuss.

Draft saved Draft deleted