1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Went to sleep at halftime of the SNF game, but both Harrison and Dungy said the Seahawks are still the biggest threat to Dallas in the NFC. Their reasoning was that Seattle is still tough at home.

Which is great and all, but Seattle will have to win in Dallas if they want to win the NFC, and Seattle has been a steaming pile of shit in high-profile road games this year. I don't see anyone in the NFC that is capable of beating Dallas on the road in the playoffs. I know the Giants just beat the Cowboys twice, but I don't see it happening a third time. Who else in that field can win in Dallas? Detroit? (Ha!) Seattle? Green Bay? Washington? Tampa Bay? Atlanta? (Maybe Atlanta.)

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don't know that Dallas is a lock to even win the NFC East. Their last three are tougher than the Giants' last three and the Giants own the tiebreaker now. Cowboys have to win twice to clinch, and they got the Bucs and Lions at home in prime time coming up.

If the Giants beat the Lions next Sunday, some bootyholes gonna get tight in Dallas.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to put money on Dallas winning the next two at home, and rather easily.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Putting aside your decision to copy the laziest shtick on this board, what is confusing? The hit was legal, but it was still dirty. That is possible and should be easily understood by anybody who has a clue about the game.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You probably also thought Trump should have volunteered to pay more taxes.

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Eh?

7. outofplace

I do think the Giants can win in Dallas in the playoffs, but it's going to take a big day from Manning. I doubt they shut down the Cowboys' offense like that again, but they have shown they can keep it close.

8. outofplace

I answered that question months ago, but perhaps you would like to stay on topic? Do you understand how a hit can be legal, but dirty? Or is that beyond your understanding of the game?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Giants shouldn't throw to Odell Beckham. Though within the rules, it is kind of dickish because he's so good.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why can't they shut down the Cowboys offense a third time?

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Rhody31 likes this.
  12. outofplace

So no, you don't understand that doing something that shows intent to injure another player is dirty even if it is a legal hit. Thank you for clearing that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted