1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was it really Prescott's fault last night that Bryant couldn't get open, though?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back in the late Sullivan-Victor Kiam horror era when I was on the beat, I wrote a column saying how Pats fans were smarter than Red Sox fans because they wouldn't put up with inconvenience to go down to Foxboro to watch a lousy team. They're still smart, smarter even. It takes real rationality to give up seats to a team that wins almost every home game because the experience is too much of a pain in the ass.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

That part was dumb. All the rest of it was too legit to quit.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As I said, the evidence has been posted many times. Y'all just don't want to accept it. That's fine, but I'm not wasting my team showing you something you've already seen and refuse to accept.

Your second statement is partially true. The NFL had more to go on than the destroyed phone, but the league absolutely handled the situation very badly and a major reason they took it so far was the Patriots' defiance.

6. Sadly, Hillgrove is the best thing about the broadcast. "Tunch and Wolfe" make me want to slice off my ears with a rusty post office key.

7. My youngest had a basketball game yesterday morning so I had to listen to the first half of game on my phone in the stands.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The comments I heard were that he's played terribly in two straight games - which overlooks the fact that those games came against two really good defenses. The Vikings are top three in fewest yards allowed and fewest points allowed. The Giants defense is ranked sixth in points against. These two teams have stymied some damn good QBs. Seems premature to me to dump Prescott to the bench.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

There is no evidence.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Rhody31 likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know it goes deeper than this, but the thing is, if Bryant doesn't fumble that ball last night, there's a good chance that the Cowboys end up winning the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted