1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Disagree. The Cowboys were still in Dallas territory (like the 30 or 35 yard line, right?), so they needed to gain probably a minimum of 35 yards to get into FG territory, given the conditions. The Cowboys only had two drives (the TD and the missed FG) longer than 25 yards the whole game, and none in the second half. I don't think there's anything to suggest there was a good chance the Cowboys would have wound up winning.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Remember, at Belichick's first job with the Lions in 1975, he started working 20 hours a day for nothing. Training table at camp and a bed there were his only benefits.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

With any other poster, you'd think this was sarcasm.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Explain.

5. dixiehack

In other prominent cases of alleged sexual impropriety, you are the one most reliably extending the benefit of the doubt.

6. Dick Whitman

I recognized - correctly - that Jackie Coakley invented a rape. It was obvious that Jackie Coakley invented a rape. It was obvious that Jackie Coakley invented a rape about four sentences into the piece.

I also said that I believed that Patrick Kane's accuser was telling the truth as she experienced it. Others elected to wait and see.

But I'm the one who merits criticism here?

Eh?

7. dixiehack

Was it criticism? Why would you perceive it as such?

8. Dick Whitman

Give yourself a hearty pat on the back for falling for Jackie Coakley's obvious fiction. You've earned it. Maybe NOW will give you an award.

9. dixiehack

Don't believe I've posted on that particular topic.

10. Dick Whitman

I would just like to know about all of these times when I've improperly extended the benefit of the doubt to the accused when it was unmerited. Can you link to some of them?

I was right about Jackie Coakley and I believed that Patrick Kane's accuser was telling the truth as she experienced it.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Here's the link
    Monday night at Gillette? They’re punting - The Boston Globe
    My question - wouldn't the travel concerns be the same in just about every NFL city? Can't imagine this is exclusive to Foxboro.

I think the opponent has more to do with whether or not season-ticket holders go to games. My buddy's dad has had season tickets since the late 70s; he's 80 and doesn't go to games, but sells them to whatever family/friend wants them (face value) or gives them to clients. My buddies and I circle the biggest-name opponent and go to the game. It's always a national game, whether that be 4:30 on Sunday, or Sun/Mon/Thurs night.

The crowd at those games has been filled with the "true" fans. It's a better crowd. And I mention this because I bought my father tickets for the Rams game last week, the first 1 pm game I've ever been to, and it was a much different crowd. Lots of kids. Guy who is a row in front of us brought a buddy and their wives and told me, "this is the game I let them come to."

The travel sucks for night games, but it shouldn't come as a surprise. I just wonder what it's like at other stadiums. The only one I've been is Miami and Green Bay and neither seemed easy to get out of either (although for Green Bay we walked to a bar and hung out until the traffic died down).

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've been to the Vet in Philly, the Meadowlands, M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, whatever they call the stadium in Miami and Foxborough. Foxborough is the worst to get in and out of by a massive margin.

Draft saved Draft deleted