1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not hard to get in and out of Browns games.

[​IMG]

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Without the support of fans, moments like this will be lost. What a travesty.

[​IMG]

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Jeff Fisher will be the head coach of an NFL team next season. Book it.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Unpopular Opinions and Creepy Admission thread is ^^^ fella

cjericho likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

After all the shit that's happened, Jeff Fisher being held responsible for his mediocrity is the most stunning development of 2016.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They should do it like ECW, have everyone move to lower level and don't show upper tier on camera.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Had a chance to go to Heinz this year, had to pass because it was the same Sunday as a Halloween weekend thing in Santa's Cillage with the kids. Heard it's an awesome time,maybe next year.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There a Santa's Village in RI? went to the one in NH, was good.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think that Gurley is a major talent, and Goff is a Leaf-level bust.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, me refusing to be manipulated into doing Gator's work for him is predictable. He wants to dredge this up. He can do the work. I am quite satisfied with how the situation worked out, though I agree that the league handled it badly. I am also agreeing with the Patriots fanboys in saying the league should fully investigate this new accusation and the Steelers should pay a significant penalty if it is proven that they cheated or if they engage in some form of cover-up.

I am being completely fair and consistent. You are at least being consistent, in finding an excuse to attack me even when there is none.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are the one who has an issue with how this all worked out. So bring up the evidence that was presented and refute it. You do the work. I'm not doing it for you.

I never disputed that the league pushed it so far because Brady and the Patriots took such an adversarial approach. I said all along that both sides handled it all badly, but to say there was no evidence at all is simply untrue. You know the points of evidence. Refute them if you can.

Or focus on this current accusation and why the league needs to do more than it has done so far. That is the real issue, but honestly, I don't think you are interested. You apparently just want another reason to cry witch hunt and whine about what the evil league office did to your beloved Brady.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The entire basis of the Wells Report, the conclusion, was that it was "more probable than not" that Tom Brady was "generally aware" of the under inflated balls. So I can understand why you're avoiding coming up with ONE piece of concrete evidence and putting this on me. You're not alone when it comes to proving guilt.

As far as claims, Mort's tweet was wrong, Kelly Noki's report of the K ball was refuted by someone at her own network. Many tried, nothing stuck, so I certainly don't expect you to come up with anything that would further the case along. You can keep claiming his guilt without any proof. Join the crowd, pal.

Suspension was served. It's over but not forgotten. So when Pats fans see a similar claim without the vigor the NFL had in January 2015, yeah, it screams witch hunt.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted