1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How many pissing matches are you nurturing these days?

JC likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The idiocy in that franchise goes much higher than the head coach.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Went to the NH one. The two Saturdays before Halloween they have a special event. Kids dress up, trick or treat throughout the park, there's a Santa parade. It's a nice time of year to go because it's right between the season when people go leaf peeping and ski. If the weather cooperates, it's a nice little family weekend.

4. Rhody31

Back to the Steelers being Patriots-level cheaters:

There is evidence the Steelers used a game ball that was significantly deflated, and not for nothing - Jay Glazer is a better source of information than the NFL on this.
    This means the NFL has to a) admit they didn't follow proper pregame ball control protocol, which would make them look bad after everything that happened with New England; b) admit that the Steelers' balls lost air pressure because of the weather and the ideal gas law, which would make them look bad because they said that wasn't a possibility with New England; or c) punish the Steelers in similar fashion to the Patriots (fine, loss of a first-round pick and a 4-game suspension for Roethlisberger, who coincidentally had a poor passing game one week after playing with the underinflated balls), but that would be totally ludicrous.

What they'll do is d) sweep the whole thing under the rug. Which is fine. Because it's a totally fucking harmless thing.

Gator likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Free Aaron Hernandez!

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How many threads are you trolling these days?

cjericho likes this.
  7. outofplace

I'm not avoiding anything. I'm just refusing to do your work for you. There was evidence and you haven't come close to refuting it all. Keep going if you like, but please don't lie and misrepresent what I'm doing, which is focusing on the current charge rather than showing you and the other Patriots' fanboys evidence you whined about the first 100 times it was presented and won't accept anyway.

Again, the issue is what the Steelers did or did not do and how the league is handling it. I have agreed with you multiple times that the league should do more to investigate the accusation by the Giants. But you are showing no interest in that other than to use it as another excuse to whine about the mistreatment heaped upon your Patriots.

8. outofplace

Seriously, go back and read the article you linked. You are making a fool of yourself.

9. outofplace

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Let's play make believe for a minute. I also play this with my 2 year old. Let's say that you're the prosecuting lawyer (and not a disillusion message board poster) in the Deflategate case. What's your home-run ball? What's the piece of evidence there is no argument against? Just one. Just one. One. One. One. One. One. Just one. In all the time you have spent here writing, you could have come up with that ONE piece of evidence that proves guilt.

11. Rhody31

Can someone explain to me how that wasn't a fumble? Because I'm pretty sure stripping a guy isn't against the rules.

12. outofplace

Sorry, Gator, but it is your job to refute the evidence that has been posted repeatedly on this board. Not mine. Go back and find it all and refute it. And making an argument against a piece of evidence does not always mean you have fully proven it was not valid evidence. Do better or stop your fanboy whining.

Thing is, I'm talking about the issue at hand, the one that is actually relevant. You have done nothing but prove my assertion that all you want is an excuse to whine over the fate of your beloved Patriots again.

Draft saved Draft deleted