1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Insane stat of the week:

The Falcons, with their 42-14 victory Sunday, have scored six touchdowns at the Los Angeles Coliseum this season.

The Rams have scored five.

Batman, Michael_ Gee and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Back to the city discussion briefly ... yes, FedEx Field may be about as bad as any place in the league to try to get to. Public transportation somehow doesn't go anywhere near there. At least with whatever they're calling the Ravens Stadium these days, you can park south of town and take the light rail right to the stadium. No such option at FedEx. And SHOCKER Danny likes to upsell the parking to ridiculous levels. Fuck that place. I'll never attend a game there again. Or any NFL game in person, really.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Steelers, I mean Patriots never trailed.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

So those games from 8-10 years ago, when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were still playing for the Ravens, had no bearing on last night's outcome?

5. Even Money the Steelers lose Sunday.
    AND Roethlisberger, Brown and/or (or any combination) Bell gets hurt.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wrote that right after the Ravens had scored 17 points to cut the deficit to three. Both touchdowns were short drives after special teams turnovers. The comment absolutely fit what was happening in the game at that time.

Brady responded with a long touchdown which ended up being the deciding score, but the game was clearly in doubt before that score.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None of that would shock me given the history of the two teams and now the Steelers have some margin for error. They only have to win two of the final three games as long as one of the victories is the game against the Ravens.

8. Ravens still have Eagles, Steelers and Bengals. All of which are possible losses.

I think they lose one of those.

I also think the Steelers lose one.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think the Eagles are done.

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

They show a fine brown tone with just the right glaze. With the proper garnish, they can be served with pride.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well done. (See what I did there?)

BTW, I thought the proper campaign slogan was "The Spiro of '76."

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree. Have a buddy who is kind of a rare optimistic, not that bitter and angry, Eagles fan. After the Falcons game, he said the pick they traded for Wentz probably would be a 15-18. They could easily lose out, and that pick could be a bit higher.

Draft saved Draft deleted