1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: The Cowboys are in prime time again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 13, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Week 17 looks perfect for Packers-Lions. Detroit leads by two games, but Green Bay won the first matchup and Detroit has a good chance of losing one or both of the next two (at NYG, at Dallas). Packers play at Chicago, then home against Minnesota.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2011 was in Foxborough.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Playoff was. Regular season game was in Denver.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I guess percentage of seats filled isn't a metric used by the NFL, otherwise it'd be a parade of usual teams in addition to the Jags. I guessed Rams on the other thread.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A few of those are backwards. Cleveland is the home team against the Vikings, though my initial reaction when seeing that game was "This is how we treat our allies? The Browns?" Jacksonville and LA have side deals related to London games, and, mostly guessing, it's possible that Miami giving up a home game for London is vaguely attendance-related, no?

Vikings radio guy Paul Allen has a 9-12 show I was listening to and the team flak he had on described the team's previous London game (or London games in general) as "reminiscent of a Super Bowl."

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In terms of logistics, he's got a point. On the field ... the Browns?

7. Michael_ Gee

I read or heard somewhere that Miami volunteered for London as part of trying to get another Super Bowl.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Two at Wembley, two at Twickenham. I guess the Tottenham deal fell through?

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

New stadium won't be done until 2018 at the earliest, now.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sherman rips NFL for Thursday slate: 'Poopfest'

"Poopfest. It's terrible," Sherman said. "We got home like 1 o'clock in the morning, something like that on Monday and then you've got to play again. Congratulations, NFL, you did it again. But they've been doing it all season, so I guess we're the last ones to get the middle finger."

This has to be the end of Thursday nights, right?

11. Michael_ Gee

Are you kidding? If the money's there, the NFL will do it. It's up to the Players' Association to stop it, meaning it won't happen.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bengals cut kicker Mike Nugent, sign Randy Bullock

Randy Bullock signed with a new team just in time to face his previous team for the second time this season. Bullock opened the season with the Giants, who let him go after Josh Brown's one-game suspension ended. The Steelers then signed him due to Chris Boswell's injury and Bullock made three field goals in Pittsburgh's victory over the Giants Dec. 4. They kept him as insurance for another week, though Boswell was able to return Sunday in Buffalo, then cut him loose Monday.

The Bengals released Mike Nugent, their kicker since 2010, and signed Bullock today. Nugent had struggled this season and was particularly crappy Sunday against Cleveland, missing an extra point and a 36-yard field goal.

Draft saved Draft deleted