1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Santa Claus-dying kid story made-up b.s.?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

"WE GOTTA GET A GOFUNDME! AND GET THSI SANTA A GIFT! FOR HAVING SUCH A BIG HEART!!!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

FileNotFound, Gator and YankeeFan like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Just make sure to wipe the cum off the shower curtain when you're done.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ironically, we will find out that Santa is telling the truth when mail bags filled with hundreds of letters from dying children arrive at the Knoxville News-Sentinel.

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Our Lady of Lake Tahoe. Medical care is just 15 minutes away ...

Huggy and Ace like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been there too, Ace. Paper I worked at got suckered hook, line and sinker by a couple claiming to be Katrina refugees trying to get to California. I was mostly a design wonk then so had little to do with the editing process, but when I read it before putting it on the page the BS meter didn't go off. Turns out the couple's kids were following the tale via Google and letting the papers know.

Ace likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This story is true. Local boys were playing in the snow yesterday when town crews dumped tons of snow onto their snow cave. One died.

Talk to your kids about snow hazards.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

"Our reporting" By "our reporting" do they mean that they read what the News-Sentinel wrote? That kind of bigfooting is almost as bad to me as the original columnist's failure to verify in the beginning.

10. Dick Whitman

No, they said they called the hospitals, for starters. And pushed Schmitt-Matzen themselves to give corroborating details.

I wish the guy would just come out and admit to being a lying liar. Say it was a composite story of visits to hospitals he had done. Say anything. But just admit it.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Composite story of visits. That's brilliant. Bet he hasn't even thought of that.

Songbird likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

At this point, you have to assume the story was almost certainly complete and utter bullshit. It's been hours since the Knoxville story went up. Would the family really let the guy twist in the wind like this? Would the hospital? Crickets.

Stoney and Killick like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted