1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: The Cowboys are in prime time again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The Rex Ryan Experiment appears to be over.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's been bad on the field this year, too.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. He's not a star, but he did finish with over 800 yards receiving the last three seasons and he's only 27. The Patriots make a lot of correct calls on guys like Floyd and he might've been a nice fit for a Pittsburgh team that is using practice-squad guys as its third and fourth receivers.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hard to tell what happens in Packers-Bears today, Cutler has always been the Packers' best player in this series.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How in the world did the refs miss that drop by Beckham?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I kept asking my daughter, "Didn't he drop that?" Then they showed the replay, and yes, he sure as hell did.

7. outofplace

Great start for the Bengals at home against the Steelers. Long field goal drive eating up half of the first quarter and Pittsburgh loses Stephon Tuitt to a knee injury.

Steelers take advantage of a good kickoff return for a tying field goal, but it looks like Bell is going to have a lot tougher time running than he has in recent weeks so far.

8. outofplace

Steelers handing the Bengals far too many gifts on defense. Tuitt took a facemask penalty on third down to start the Bengals' first drive. Artie Burns just took a terrible 39-yard pass interference penalty in the end zone to set it up at the one.

Pittsburgh stuffed the first two plays, but it looks like Hill might have broken the plane on third down. The officials called him short, but the Bengals are challenging. I think this gets reversed and the Bengals get the touchdown.

Steelers are going to need some offense today. Pittsburgh might want to start blocking Burfict at some point. He destroyed the last drive y himself.

Edit: Very surprised that was overturned. The officials said it stands, not that it is confirmed, so I guess they are saying it wasn't enough evidence. Dalton scores on a sneak on fourth down anyway go give the Bengals a 10-3 lead.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates.

10. outofplace

You are welcome. I should apologize to the whiners...err... lovely fellow members of SJ.com who are offended by my posting about football on the NFL thread.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Apology accepted.

JC likes this.
  12. outofplace

Apparently, the Bengals are allowed to hold on pass defense. Bell was tackled before the ball was thrown on a screen and Green was mugged on third down. Roethlisberger had very good reason to be arguing with the officials after that drive.

Draft saved Draft deleted