1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 16 - Steelers only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 18, 2016.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The game is on Xmas Day, separate from the others. So either this was a great idea or totally unnecessary.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mah nishtana halilah hazeh ...

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Isn't a message board for discussion and debate?

Oop is talking to himself on the NFL thread. He treats it like Twitter.

murphyc and Stoney like this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Wimping out on my NFL over/unders. Have Steelers under 10.5 and bills under 8.

Hedging them both this weekend to pull me back to even. Hate playing for ties but I'll be damned if I lose money to the Steelers going 7-0 when all I needed was them to finish 6-1.

Either way I'll lose a little bit or win big.

So... For this weekend Go Buffalo and Go Pittsburgh. But don't be shy about losing in Week 17.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I offer posts about the game I'm watching. You are free to ignore them, or clutter the threads by whining about them. I am far from the only one who has said whiny posts like yours are worse than anything I put on those threads. Perhaps you and the others of your ilk will restrict your crying about my posts to this thread. That would be lovely.

As long as the mods want to tolerate a thread created for the sole purpose of trolling a member of the board, I'll be happy to debate the issue, but I will be posting about the NFL on this week's NFL thread.

6. Steelers played well yesterday. Stuck with the game plan and never panicked.
    Roethlisberger was well-protected. Bell could have had a 100-yard game.
    Burifect is a fucking punk. If that's your leader, it's no wonder the Bengals can't win a playoff game. Credit that defense. The played well, let Pittsburgh inside the 20 - what? - twice?

Had to listen to the second half via radio. Jesus ... The Bengals pbp guys were practically rooting for Roethlisberger to get hurt.
    The Steelers radio team, that I can not stand, couldn't decide how severe a penalty the officials missed on the Timmons INT. First it was a face mask. Then is was a horse collar. What's worse, is both of them are better than the TV crew! You get zero insight or information from the TV analysts.

Am I correct here: In addition to the Thursday night game on NFL Network, there are two Sunday games (both with key playoff implications) also on NFL Network? Which means I'll have to watch via Twitter?

I think the Steelers win Sunday. And lose to Cleveland (they'll have everything locked up and set, and rest the key players). So Cleveland won't go 0-16.

7. outofplace

Burfict can certainly play and he really hadn't been taking the dumb penalties this season. The Steelers seem to bring out the best and worst in him. He makes plenty of great plays, but hurts his team with the penalties.

The tackle on the interception by Timmons looked ugly, but it wasn't a penalty. It was tough to tell until you saw a replay from the right angle. It looked like a clothesline or horse collar, but it wasn't either. Just a violent hit up around the shoulder.

The officials did miss an illegal man downfield on the play, but that became irrelevant with the interception.

Is the late Sunday game on NFL Network, too? I thought it was only Pittsburgh-Baltimore.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Steelers Christmas game being only on NFLN is complete BS - because my in-laws don't get that channel.

9. outofplace

NFL 2016 Regular Season Week 16 Schedule - NFL.com

That sucks. Yes, it is only the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game on NFLN Sunday. Broncos at Chiefs is the Sunday night game and it is on NBC. You might be thinking of the Saturday night game, Bengals at Texans, which is on NFL Network.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

OOP, why don't you post on a Steelers fan board?

11. outofplace

I do post on a Steelers fan board. I also post here.

12. Yes, I meant the Saturday game.

Draft saved Draft deleted