1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now I remember why I actively avoided watching Maryland this season.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is there a fan in the Big10 who considers Maryland a real Big10 team?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I forgot I changed channels for a second and wondered why in the hell Shreveport was building a fancy new arena.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And, in a weird way, the brain-dead coaching won the game for them. If Mississippi State kicks the field goal and goes up 20-16, Miami is playing for a touchdown instead of the FG to win it and they were rolling right down the field on State. If they'd kept playing for a TD they probably would've scored. Instead Miami shuts it down around the 20, plays for the FG and has it blocked.
    The lesson, as always, is never leave it in the hands of the kicker. Never play for a FG when you have momentum and time enough to score a touchdown.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That was a damn ugly game. MD could have won, and BC should not have let it be that close. Both teams should head to the showers and wash that crappy game off of themselves.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

We'll take them for basketball ...

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Vandy's QB is downright awful. And they've shown that "women in the car on a rainy day" Cadillac commercial 10 times in the last 15 minutes.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Should've called Maryland-BC the Hogs Get Slaughtered Bowl. Two schools that completely destroyed their own sports identities (and therefore marketing) in pursuit of fool's gold.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vandy on the other hand is living up to its brand in a big way.

10. jr/shotglass

A point, but I don't go in looking for a 6-6 ballclub to be particularly impressive. It is bad, though. Wolfpack's QB has delivered a couple of big-boy passes, too.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

BC had a sports identity outside of Doug Flutie and having an 8- or 9-win football team about once a decade?

12. jr/shotglass

The WWL had a graphic stating Ryan Finley "has 2 more more years of eligibility left."

Paris in the the spring.

Draft saved Draft deleted