1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Eagles suddenly became very interested in drafting that guy.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

You forgot Georgia Tech.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Judging by the B1G halftime animated commercial, Michigan State seems to consist of a single pollution-stained tower. I somehow feel that may be accurate.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's been 36 years. They've been there more than the ACC existed without them, but point well taken

5. dixiehack

The Gus Johnson goes wild schtick loses a little something in service of a 27-yard field goal.

6. dixiehack

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The double breaker of a kick the Utah guy had earlier was something to get excited about.

That said, I can't say I get why this game aired on network TV and got about a 20-minute postgame show, but at least it didn't suck. I mean, CBS has the Sun Bowl, but they can bury that in daytime and the only people who get mad are Young and the Restless fans. I live in CST and my Fox nightly news was on 90 minutes late. I'd think some affiliates would have had a conniption.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seems like this would be the place to put this ...

Group of 5 schools considering own playoff

On the one hand, this would officially create a FBS-AA inside of FBS. I can understand the American's point on this. They have the sort of schools that can at least entertain getting a home-and-home with decent P5 programs, and theoretically, they're probably the only one who could ever crack the playoff with a special season. (Or Boise State, which is Gonzaga-like in how it sort of stands above the rest in the MWC.)

But the MAC/Sun Belt/CUSA? They'll never sniff the CFB playoff. Western Michigan went 13-0 and barely made it into the top 15. Why not just accept the reality that they are indeed at a different level and play for their own championship?

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

How was Texas A&M ever in the top 5?

10. dixiehack

Wandered into a Southside diner just now and found the officials for the Birmingham Bowl at the big table. I told them to ignore the red hat and keep the clock running and everyone would love them forever.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. dixiehack

Was supposed to meet a friend for the Bham Bowl but his wife woke up sick this morning. By the time he messaged me the tickets were at his house, I was already in town, 30-40 min away. So instead of using that free ticket, I went and got another free ticket instead. 45 yard line, row 11. If you ever want to see a minor bowl, they can be the best bargain in sports.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted