1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What about Nestea and Lipton?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nestea is shit. Lipton Brisk is where it's at.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Pure Leaf FTW

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

One of the old neighbors used to put jars of sun tea out on the front step. We used to lob small rocks in that direction to see how close we could come to breaking the jar.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Can't remember at the moment the powdered ice tea we use to bring back from Canada to the States. Wife is sleeping, will ask in the morning.

But we are having wings with VH Honey Garlic Sauce NYE.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I asked about TP and paper towels semi-seriously. It is an article of faith with the Blazer fans that the only two times you can count on seeing both of them in a Legion Field bathroom at the same time is for the Classic and the ESPN Bowl game.

Have they finally got it to where the video and sound are on the same end? When the old video board went in, the Bryant-Denny hand-me-down, you had the speakers on one end and the video on the other. Give a poor man whiplash, it would. I was glad to see the upper deck taken down. Chunks of concrete fell from the bottom of it often enough that they hung nets under it to catch them. Seriously. You couldn't have paid me to sit under that thing.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Alabama is the best tea ... and the best teabag too.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, a penalty kills the inadvertent whistle rule.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wish my Wahoos had taken more of a look at Bud Foster. Yeah, yeah, Hokie, prison pussy and all that, but it's been so long since I've seen honest-to-God halftime adjustments from a coach, and Bud is the master of that. His defenses remind me of some kind of football AI where you get it started and it learns as the game goes on. They've had so many games recently where it looked like their D was overmatched at the start and by the end, they're dominating.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Arkansas sucks and is coached by Bret Bielema. That's the 90 percent solution.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dude apparently comes with a shit ton of baggage. It's why Pitt passed on him during one of its 677 openings since 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted