1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Of course, I reminded him he'll spend at least three times that much for parking...

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Sort of expected because it was on a Saturday, but look how far off it still was from when they were on New Year's Day.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But two years ago the semifinal games were the Rose and Sugar. That's always the ideal setup.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You sure don't have to count to eleven.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If he finds a parking spot for $36 within 5 miles of the stadium, the man is the ultimate bargain hunter. I think parking starts at $75 about 2 miles out and goes up from there.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Great picture of Derrius Guice's shot on the Louisville kicker in the Citrus Bowl. The faces in the background are the best part.

[​IMG]

jr/shotglass and Vombatus like this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Late after last nights debacle......but that was a FUCKING destruction.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know how much parking is (the only time I've been to a game there I wasn't working, we had someone drop us off), but I do know it's an absolute crime.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's not that remotely that bad.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Granted it's been a few years, but I doubt it's gotten any cheaper. When I covered the 2010 Cotton Bowl, the first at Jerry World, I remember riding in on the media bus and seeing signs in strip malls and other lots for $75 parking and those were a pretty good walk to the stadium. I believe the Cowboys charge $100 for the stadium lot for their home games.

EDIT: OK, I did a quick Google and stand corrected. Apparently it's only $50 for the Cotton Bowl in the stadium lot. Could still be $75 for the outlying private lots trying to make a buck, though.

Parking - Cotton Bowl Classic

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Shit, Uber to the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted