1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

At risk of going out on a limb, I felt like I understood what Brent was clumsily trying to say the first time.

Revisiting it was a horrible idea.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Look, Musberger should've put a lot more thought into it, but some producer or executive did him a HUGE disservice by making him go back to the well a second time. He's focussed on the game, you're rushing to add something better, it's a recipe for disaster -- which it was. Now the problem is worse.

Should have waited until after the game, made a proper statement. Instead, we have gasoline on the fire and he's in even more trouble. Not the correct way to handle it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. cisforkoke

Now he's talking about Twitter. His pink slip is nearly prepared.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How in the name of Curt Gowdy was there not an hour-long production meeeting about how to address the Mixon situation, with what Musburger would say written down in its entirety and vetted by corporate down to the punctuation marks?

HanSenSE and LongTimeListener like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

All the plum jobs are taken, but I wonder if a Sun Belt team would make a pitch to Lincoln Riley or if Riley would consider it.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Safe Space for The Domestically Violent 35
    SECessionist Nation Member 13

7. dixiehack

He's holding out for better, and I don't blame him.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes they should. No, he shouldn't.
    Sun Belt's sole purpose in life is to make as many SECessionist Nation members as possible eligible for bowl games.

9. dixiehack

Missed you the other day when UDub's offense was sinking to lower depths than the Hunley.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who is to say they didn't and ol' Burnt's gettin' a case of the fuckit's?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. cisforkoke

I still don't think Brent meant what some people are interpreting from the first statement, but the Dumpster fire is burning brightly now.

Draft saved Draft deleted