1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If Riley stays put the odds of at least one of Texas Tech, SMU or ECU coming open in the next couple of years has to be pretty good.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Same Brent who, while working for a Chicago newspaper in 1968, called Tommie Smith and John Carlos "black-skinned stormtroopers."

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Texas A&M

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is there not one player with a MILF in the stands, Brent?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, 2017 does mark the 30 year anniversary of this late night fuck-up on an ABC-owned property....

[​IMG]

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever heard someone described as having "suddenness" before.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Alabama's a great team. The problem with the rest of the SEC is their fans' remora-like attachment to the Tide, an act of allegiance based on politics. Pride in the SEC has become a re-fighting of the Civil War, a South Will Rise Again struggle against the rest of the country.
    You can't speak of your great rivalries when you are so easily willing to flip like a Never Trumper and root for those you claim to despise.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Wasn't ready for Bama.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I hope I never become so old and stuck up that I stop finding the name Samaje Perine mildly humorous.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That too, unless A&M (foolishly) thinks it's too big to go for a coordinator.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It depends. No way do I root for Auburn or Tennessee. Anyone else in the league, barring extenuating circumstances, why not?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The world and the TV broadcast do seem very excited that the Big 12 champion can handle the SEC's third-place finisher.

Draft saved Draft deleted