1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Don't look over here. Look over there!

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Are you seriously going down this road? The reporter was rude to president asshat, who made a career out of being uncouth? Give me a fucking break.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You find Trump's actions more concerning?

Absurd.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would think insurance companies want to keep the age-26 provision for letting young adults stay on their parents' plan. The more young, healthy people in the risk pool the better.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Re-playing all of the greatest hits. Teleprompter!!!1! is next in the rotation, for sure.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Obama calls on only women -- taking no questions from the NYTimes, or any TV network -- including CNN -- while making time for American Urban Radio, and gets hailed for it:

Obama took questions from a total eight women: Carrie Budoff Brown of Politico, Cheryl Bolen of Bloomberg BNA, Julie Pace of the Associated Press, Lesley Clark of McClatchy, Roberta Rampton of Reuters, Colleen Nelson of the Wall Street Journal, Juliet Eilperin of the Washington Post and April Ryan of American Urban Radio.

Press Secretary Josh Earnest addressed the cast of all-female questioners in a statement following the press conference:

“The fact is, there are many women from a variety of news organizations who day-in and day-out do the hard work of covering the President of the United States. As the questioner list started to come together, we realized that we had a unique opportunity to highlight that fact at the President’s closely watched, end of the year news conference,” he said, according to Time Magazine’s Zeke Miller.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6356440

7. RickStain

Are they paying more to be on those plans?

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One would think. I really want somebody to explain to me how repealing the ACA will be better for my children. Not for me; I'm 48 and reasonably healthy. Not for insurance companies. Not for goddamn fucking petty-ass politicians from both parties who say "elections have consequences," the three words which ultimately will bring down our democracy. Tell me how my children will benefit from the repeal of the ACA.

I'm listening.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Did he ask any of those women to pee on him?

10. RickStain

Lower regulations will cause health care costs to go down, benefitting them both directly and allowing the economy to grow faster.

11. YankeeFan

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Really? Name the last year that your rates didn't go up and/or there wasn't a commensurate decrease in coverage.

(I'm prepared for this one, because this is a question I very often ask. The answer for me personally: 1998. And it's the ONLY year of my adult life that one or the other didn't happen. I've always been on an employer-sponsored plan; I'd be interested to know the experience for those who purchase insurance individually.)

Ace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.