1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The presence of these does not mean that a free market does not exist.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There are plenty of resources we have enough of to easily make sure that everyone has enough. I don't care if you think health care is or is not one of them, but being scarce in the economic sense isn't always a guarantee that it is hard to make sure everyone has enough.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nope. I asked how we're going to take care of the people living under extreme hardship. He had NO answer. And money is exactly what makes healthcare happen. Fuck every single damn person who believes we can't afford to take care of our people. We can. Easily.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What they really think is that we *shouldn't*. It's fundamentally a moral argument.

6. cranberry

Yep. Rather than hiding behind The Defitcit, which is a situation of their own making, they should spit it out. Then we can go from there.

7. doctorquant

OK, now this is fine. Still, resources are always scarce. Man is defined by unlimited wants and limited resources. Twas ever thus and will ever be.

No, fuck no, you want to get all puffed up and say this -- the filling of this need -- can only be done via government. And you want to pretend that anyone who doesn't want to do it strictly that way, who thinks there might be another way, or, hell, believes that we might try a different mix, believes such because he or she simply isn't as moral or as caring or as generous as you. And that's a crock of shit.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I gave you an answer. And you were dismissive in your usual way. But that's you.

You are framing 73 million people -- 20 percent of the population -- as people living in "extreme hardship." Sorry I didn't play along with your nonsensical notion that you are helping the needy -- everyone pitching in to take care of the people who are incapable of taking care of themselves.

The things you keep advocating for are what created that extreme dependency on a state-run mess. Way more people finally get that at this point -- as not only those millions have become dependent on Medicaid, everyone else is finding their health care costs skyrocketing and their level of care declining as a result. But not you. You will use the mess to rationalize MORE of what you advocate for. As I have said before -- the arsonist rides in on the fire truck to put out the fire.

Sorry you didn't like the answer. But it was an answer. When you apply messy regulation and various forms of price controls to a market that impacts everyone, this is what you get -- you don't even want to acknowledge it when it becomes the reality. When those interferences drive up costs and really make everyone suffer, it is dumb beyond belief to keep at it and making more and more people dependent on something that does a shitty job of providing what you wanted it anyhow, AND that is bankrupting the country.

Everyone in this country may not get the medical care they want or need. But people could be much better off in the aggregate if you weren't imposing your choices and convoluted schemes to manage us to prosperity on us.

9. cranberry

Wrong. I don't believe it needs to be handled by government. Like I asked Ragu, what is your alternative solution?

10. doctorquant

Riiiiiiiiiight ...

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When you think everyone's well being is incumbent on you (or someone else) "creating solutions" that manage the world to your liking. ... of course you advocate "the government" taking care of everything. That is the ONLY way it happens the way you insist.

And for all your promises of what you are going to give people with your "solutions," over and over again you make us worse overall.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have to support and defend everything the party you vote for does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.