1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I know that it is 99.9% certain that this is fake news... but I can't help but hope that it gains some traction, because Trump doing his usual 3 a.m. twitterstorm to deny it would be absolute comedy gold.

Oh, and if she is 22 now, in 2011 she would have been, um, young.

Russian hooker who had sex with Donald Trump mocks his "tiny penis"

2. Neutral Corner

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was under-the-radar excellence.

4. bigpern23

The Force is strong with this one.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It is 100% certain it is fake news.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What? No drawing on the Ayn Rand well? No stanzas from the oeuvre of Social Darwinism? My, my, @cranberry, you're losing a little zip on the old fastball.

7. bigpern23

I also have several family members with preexisting conditions (nothing as difficult as CF, but full of their own challenges) who will literally not be able to obtain insurance if the ACA is repealed. Needless to say, they're all petrified of the next four-plus years and whether they're going to be able to afford what's coming.

They're far more fortunate than many of the people who will be most affected by a repeal of the ACA, but again the question becomes, how is the GOP going to replace it? I think most Americans (myself included) are open to solutions to a flawed (though largely positive) policy. But the GOP needs to present us with a realistic - and better - alternative. We all know what we had pre-ACA was not working. So if the GOP can't improve upon it, they damn well better leave it in place.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It made me giggle when Occupy Democrats posted content supporting Obama or Clinton. Carry on.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They're not going to replace it. Maybe some handwaving about health savings accounts.

You heard Ragu - health care is a scarce resource and some people just have to do without

10. Neutral Corner

Hope he sees it and goes ape though. Tempted to post it on FB just to watch the frothing. I won't, but contemplating it makes me grin a bit.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Two words: essential oils.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.