1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a president who put the interests of other countries above our own?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not, since they take an oath to that effect.

But that's all about to change.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think you credit Trump's knowledge and reverence of history way too much.

Hell, he might be working on a hotel deal there.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Should meet in Yalta. And see if U.S. newspapers print the correct dateline: Yalta, Russia. :)

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump has the capacity to do something just as great as Lewis did for America, provided it is Trump showing up nose down in a flooded ditch.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump has 19.9 million followers on Twitter. I bet he thinks that means they all like him. Most of the replies to his tweets are negative I guess white trash and deplorables can't afford smart phones and tablets. Maybe they should get jobs

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? Those damned Mexicans have taken them all.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The last person who wants the inner cities to get help is a Democrat. Can't take a chance on losing those votes.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just like YF, not only desperate to attack all Democrats, but making shit up in service of that goal.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"Inner cities" is one of those phrases that identifies the user as someone whose view of cities was formed from watching TV in the '7-s and '80s. My son lives in Boston's "inner city" neighborhood. His landlord, a friend of his, paid $650,000 for their two apartment townhouse in 2011. It's worth way more now. Cities have problems, but it's the all-white Republican rural areas that are dying of social misfunction.
    PS: The assumption that "inner city" people wouldn't vote out people abusing their trust is about as racist as it gets.

service_gamer and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boston is liberal, and segregated.

It's as racist as any city in America.

Please don't use Boston as a shining example of racial harmony.

The economic disparity in cities like New York, Boston, Chicago, D.C. and San Francisco is startling.

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.