1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hmmm ...

On Monday night, Michael Flynn Jr. — son of and former chief of staff for President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn — tweeted out a story published on Voltaire Network entitled, “General Flynn’s Proposals to Reform Intelligence.”

The story, published last month with a Damascus dateline and authored by Thierry Meyssan — a 9/11 truther who published a book in 2002 entitled, “The Big Lie” — previews how Flynn plans to rollback “the big reforms that took place during the Bush and Obama years.”

Perhaps most significantly, the story says the “radical overhaul” Flynn is planning involves the elimination of the office of the Director of National Intelligence, an office created by President Bush in 2004, with power centralized under Flynn instead.

https://thinkprogress.org/flynn-jr-...intelligence-agencies-494c57cbe831#.8h1i8ge5x

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah but that has to be the most self-aggrandizing tweet by a politician in months. I can't think of anything else.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know what the reaction from our resident Trump apologist would be.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I look forward to you roasting Trump's massive ego.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Comparing the arrogance of Obama and Trump, as if they were equal, is hilarious.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's like saying a person with red hair and Bozo The Clown are the same thing.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Scary yet hard to believe the source.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But he got us all to react. So guess who wins? Again.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The arrogant, self-absorbed Obama will be leaving office with a 57 percent approval rating.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And his party lost the general election, somehow, to a circus act.

Thanks, Bernie.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really? I guess if you want to compare him to his successor, but compared to his predecessor, or his second opponent or your average man / woman citizen, you can't believe this. Listen to him on almost any subject, and all he talks about is his pride in what all of us were able to accomplish, with anyone else's contribution being voting for and following Him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.