1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jimmy Carter failed as president because he wasn't ENOUGH of an assertive egotist -- he allowed himself to get pushed around too much. Too deferential.

The president needs to be confident and assertive. A galactic class raging asshole and narcissistic buffoon, no.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

His incompetence mitigated his evilness. I often find that criticism of other presidents strange. If you think Bush or Obama is so terrible, why are you upset when they can't get their bad plans in place? I'm thrilled that Trump is almost certainly going to renege on all of his awful promises.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wait. Carter is a bad, bad guy?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's because you're not a high-level thinker.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Embracing murderous tyrants is what we do. If you think Carter is evil. What does that make Reagan? A super villain?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My biggest bitch against Obama is that in his quest to be universally loved, in many negotiations he punts away central issues right out of the box. Single payer health care and budget sequesterization the two fundamental issues he essentially punted on first down.

In the hopes of building bridges and gaining support from a mob which had made it clear wanted to see him swinging from a telephone pole.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Here's a good start:

| National Review

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's the way you posted that that made it funny. Good job, LOWIQ!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dixie, I believe the current terminology is that he "noped out."

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Would Flynn Jr. share the story if the article was fabricated out of whole cloth? I tend to doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.