1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the scene in Used Cars when Rudy is riding to meet the judge and his aide in the car keeps saying, "the judge is an excellent golfer. Wins all kinds of tournaments. Excellent golfer. He's a 28 handicap..."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Golf Digest doing the Trump special edition - except that he cheats at golf and Golf Digest surely can't be OK with that.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Golf Digest's editor is an ass of the highest proportions. There's no doubt he has no issue to sucking up to the new president.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is absolutely nuts that you basically can't write a fluff "the president owns this golf club" piece any more without half the readership losing its collective shit. It.'s like when Obsma makes NCAA picks and conservatives pitch a three-day tantrum over it. The fact of any politician's very existence as a human being infuriates half of voters. It gets exhausting.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. I just had an epiphany. Trump thinks he's Al Czervik.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Higher ed financial aid, including student-loan forgiveness programs. I guess it's not unilateral, since there is a song-and-dance routine of public comment periods, but the SecEd has some power. Also granting waivers to states for various programs.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Hermes likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love that movie. May be my favorite Kurt Russell movie.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I know at least one Senator fitting that description declined to even talk to the transition team about the gig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.