1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I assume that the oil change is free and that they would try to sell you on other preventative services (just like the Jiffy/Quicky oil change places do).

Further, I assume it's worth it for them to get customers in the habit of coming into the dealership and getting all the work done on your car and looking at the shiny, new cars while you wait.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sean Spicer on Trump's Cabinet - "The totality of the diversity is second to none."

(13 of the 15 are white males)

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, @outofplace, would you like to take a guess at who wrote this?

Would such a position disqualify the author from leading the department of education in your mind?

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is a petition going around Facebook urging the Senate not to confirm DeVos.

It's like the '60s all over again!

lcjjdnh, YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I count two women (one Asian American) and an African American male. Also two more women (one Asian American) among the cabinet level officials, with Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors not yet filled. But the larger point stands.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not that that's not the most delicious slice of karma I've encountered this week, but that reactionary's Ayn-Randian take does have the slightest of escape clauses: That which qualifies as "a well designed voucher program" could be defined as "that which was designed (and will be run) by the right sort of people."

YankeeFan and Hermes like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I got my windshield replaced for free under my homeowner's insurance! Now who's the moron?

8. doctorquant

We shall not confirm,
    We shall not confirm,
    We shall not confirm,
    Today, today ...

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Clearly not, but I'm not talking about your qualifications (or lack thereof) as a writer. I'm saying it is hypocritical and ridiculous for you to post and support articles that lack evidence and sources, then complain about the lack of such things in other articles. Then again, you don't seem to mind being a hypocrite. You try to present yourself as some sort of reasonable media critic, yet you lack the knowledge or consistency to fulfill such a role.

10. doctorquant

Didn't cost you a penny, did it?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My generation is the worst one. I'm fairly convinced of that. Fuck, our signature pop culture was largely a musical celebration of slacking.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's true. Goes like this.

1. No diversity
    2. Trump Cabinet

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.