1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Instead of dead?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not sure it calls for blue font. If anything, that's something conservatives have right. Liberals are going to have to get much more comfortable with guns.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So I'm catching up to all this Perry stuff ... and the denials seem like they're all orchestrated to create this aura that the Times was wrong without offering any proof that the Times was wrong. I'd buy that maybe the headline was overstated, but it wasn't particularly wrong -- the lobbyist, even though he is saying he was taken out of context, very clearly indicated that Perry did not understand the position's primary emphasis.

However, taking the conservative position that Perry does know what the Department of Energy does, the VERY BEST THING we can say about Rick Perry is that there was a point in the very recent past that he did not think the country's nuclear arsenal needed to be managed at the federal level.

Sounds like a great candidate.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think most folks who want to do away with the Department of Energy would put the nukes in the DoD.

Reagan basically spent a lot of money on nukes, without it showing up on the DoD books. Money was spent on energy.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I assume that he would fold the management into another department.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All right, that makes sense, I stand corrected.

However, for all the conservative heat about it, the lobbyist's quote absolutely reflects Perry's lack of understanding of the job.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We should block grant nukes back to the states. I'm sure North Dakota is well equipped to take out any "bad hombres" on its own.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, he better hurry up in getting London an expansion team. Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to need a place to play.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.