1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Probably not in our lifetimes, maaaaybe by the very end, but this is the early stage of the end of the Roman Republic being played out all over again. An escalating political war between conservatives and liberals results in the steady erosion of nonpartisan institutions and safeguards until one day Caeser crosses the Rubicon.

It didn't start with Trump, but he is both a symptom and an incredible accelerant.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump's gonna take our guns!

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The great thing is, Trump's bombastic bullshit can't sustain.

With him in office now, it will be a joy to watch him unravel.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They should have Henry Winkler jump the swearing in on a motorcycle.

This country's finished.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. RickStain

We'll see, but I doubt it. He is effectively bulletproof. Literally the only check on him for the next 3.5 years is a Republican Congress, most of whom can go home to their gerrymandered districts with little fear other than being primaried for not being True American enough.

He isn't going to respond to low approval ratings and say "oops, I went too far."

6. Riptide

No, on water skis!

7. Riptide

I'm counting on him fucking up so bad that everyone, everywhere, turns against him.

His ego couldn't survive that.

8. RickStain

What would that look like? What could that look like? I'm out of ideas. Incoherent rambling that contradicted itself from sentence to sentence as policy didn't sink him. Making fun of a disabled person didn't sink him. Bragging about sexual assault didn't sink him. Trying to see underage girls undressed didn't sink him.

There are two things to consider when fantasizing about the right turning on Trump. First, Google up that chart of Putin favorability among Republicans over time. The *moment* Trump became the front runner, the line shoots up. There are certainly some principled conservatives out there, but they are not the driving force here.

Second, look at the utter tanking Brownback has done in Kansas and what he has done to their economy while pursuing his Laffer experiment. And he won reelection.

All failures will be blamed on Obama for at least two years. After that, they'll just find some brown people to shit on to distract people.

Inky_Wretch, bigpern23 and heyabbott like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but James Comey is a fucking disgrace and needs to resign. And perhaps be prosecuted.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    HanSenSE and bigpern23 like this.
  10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Something tells me this isn't as big a deal as he's making it out to be.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like this.
    [​IMG]

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Almossssst like ... someone is planning on ... nah.

Nah?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.