1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, not talking about you.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Мелания и Иванка, показать нам свои сиськи!

Riptide likes this.
  3. doctorquant

Don't think so ... 48 stars on that flag

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And cherry picked the most ignorant answers for publication?

No.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Do you have any evidence that he did read it? If the release was issued by the Office of the President elect they may not have bothered to show it to him. But even if he did so what? He accepts a job he knows nothing about. Then the press release is given to him to read and he starts to realize he doesn't know what the Department of Energy does. Does he rewrite or does he smile and clear the release.

Further evidence is contained in the story. Perry is quoted as saying in his 2012 Presidential campaign as wanting to close the Department of Energy as because "They’ve never created one bit of energy, the best I can tell." While that may be technically true the Department of Energy provides a significant portion of the electric distribution capacity in the country through power authorities. So it does provide the wires to move the power. Would someone with a basic understanding of the DOE phrase an argument to close the agency the way Perry did?

The one guy quoted, who was a Perry campaign adviser, could have been in damage control.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh, too bad there is no "th" sound in Russian.

"Кит" means whale.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you look at the feed, though? I don't get the sense that he's making fun of everybody. There are a few idiots in there, but plenty of normal, smiling people saying things like, "I think he's going to bring jobs back." That doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to quote someone saying.

I have to say that this is one day that I really, really wish Bernie had been elected. Those interviews would be absolutely priceless.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They need a safe space from their own thoughts and ideas.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

I'm sure he'll eventually run into all of the college professors and Fortune 500 board members who constitute Trump's base.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Fake news!

12. doctorquant

No, I didn't look at the feed. Usually stuff like that has me at full-tilt cringe anyway, so I suspect this would have put me at warp-cringe level.

You're right about the Bern-sters. Couple of my seriously lefty Facebook pals are in meltdown mode over today, but they were full-throat for ole Bernie last summer. Now they're talking about how ashamed they are by what their fellow Americans have done. I'm thinking (but not saying), guys, your hands ain't exactly clean here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.