1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Others need to take their Ativan.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Thanks for all your help in recent weeks, President Obama" ... then within minutes, the campaign speech about how Obama and everyone else in Washington has ruined America.

Hopefully Obama was having a good laugh deep inside as he realizes how much humble pie Trump soon will eat.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Thread title needs to be updated.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He basically took his RNC acceptance speech and redacted any Clinton references.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Done

Vombatus and Gator like this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Even by the standards of political speeches, that was fairly historic amount of Hot Air. Would that the rest of his presidency follow suit.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to know what Bob Dole told the people who were greeting him.
    Hope it was something like "Guess what fuckers.....I'm gonna be dead in a year.......you guys get to deal with this mess."

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Has he launched a preemptive nuclear strike anywhere?

So far, so good...

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never underestimate any party's capacity to invoke the "Look at this mess I inherited" mantra to excuse an inability to accomplish pre-inauguration goals.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I thought I read he was taking the weekend of from presidenting and considered Monday to be Day 1.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it was hot air. But every one of those inauguration speeches is hot air. To some people, it will be inspirational hot air. To others, it will be, "he's full of shit. A lot of nothing."

Someone on the last page said the speech was "inappropriate." I think Trump himself is inappropriate, but I didn't think the speech was. Andrew Jackson gives that same kind of speech, and in the hindsight of history he was a "truth to power" guy.

Let's see what happens now. I think it is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Much of it because he's a clown and a bullshit artist, and this notion that the rest of the world is ripping America off, is stupid. But some of it because America is backed into a corner with its debt and monetization of that debt, and any president was going to face an inevitable mess sometime soon.

But let's see. We can all now grab some popcorn and watch the show.

TowelWaver, Alma and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

TowelWaver, Gator and dixiehack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.