1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

So if it hits close to home for you it is serious, but the race baiting stuff you've posted for years is OK because it's just for giggles? That's the kind of thinking that got this guy elected.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Fer fuck's sake ... the fee was only reduced last week. If it was such a goddamn wonderful thing, why the fuck did Saint Barry wait until the movers came?

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Because he was still governing, unlike the Republicans who obstructed him at every turn.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Critical thinker.

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
  5. doctorquant

Yeah ... ummm, no.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ah, c'mon guy. They're just cold and wanting to get warm. It's all raining and cold there. Why do you hate people getting warm?

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Serious question... I know little about this, but what I have read is that it's helpful to the middle/working class.

So why do away with it, no matter when it happened?

8. doctorquant

Because "In your eye, puddin' pie" is a pretty lousy justification for a given policy decision?

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Reducing the cost of homeowners' insurance is some sort of insult? It seems like it was a good thing. But whatever.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is just the first step toward their stated goal of dismantling Obama's entire legacy.

Might as well get used to it.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wonder if Zoller ever found his Vichy swine.

12. doctorquant

No, that's not what I'm saying. If it was a good idea to do it last week, it was a good idea to do it months ago. After all, there's been no fundamental change in the housing market or the economy (least as far as I can tell). Either the insurance has been overpriced for a long time (doubtful) or this reduction is inappropriate (much more likely). So why'd St. Barry the Arrogant* do it, and why'd he wait until last week? Because he knew that Trump would have to undo it, and doing so would add even more fuel to the fire for Trump's detractors.

*copyright @doctorquant, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.