1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Could also be women are protesting because the disgrace of an FBI director had no problem breaking protocol and scolding the female candidate for president in July and then interfering with the election 11 days before the vote. But the same disgrace of an FBI director chose not to disclose an investigation into Trump.

Did I mention Comey is a disgrace and needs to resign?

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I imagine they don't care what you think. Especially when you refer to issues they care about as "vague grievances."

dixiehack and TheSportsPredictor like this.
  3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

That Plain Dealer front page is Exhibit A in the case of Why Do People Hate the Media?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Trumpists in attendance yesterday booed references to fair treatment of all regardless of race, etc.
    Stay classy. This isn't a case of a jerk on Twitter making a remark on the young Trump; it is thousands of adults expressing contempt for American ideals while draping themselves in the flag and claiming to be the only real Americans. This is your tribe, Trump voters.
    Opinion | Is this what we’ve come to, America?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Maybe. I don't know what the fuck they're protesting.

6. Dick Whitman

And that's the attitude, in a nutshell, that has handed every conceivable branch of government, at every level, to the GOP.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You must not get laid very often

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

People will pick something to degrade about any protest, on all sides. If it's focused, like demonstrations for a $15 minimum wage, they'll call the people delusional. If it's a Tea Party demonstration, they'll call them bumpkins. If it's a march like this one, they'll call it vague.

Are they symbolic and largely back-patting? Yeah. But dismissing them isn't going to encourage more action. It'll furthur discourage it.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's a pretty lame and disrespectful view of the women who have united for this march. Most, and maybe all, of the women I know who are making the march are women I admire and am glad to have as friends. Their ongoing concerns remind me of how hard is to not be a privileged white male in America.

They don't like wars, either. Big props for that, too.

10. Dick Whitman

So today's date was just a coincidence?

Win some fucking elections. Any elections.

11. Dick Whitman

I'm not articulating this very well. My capacity for blind outrage is just a little dulled right now. He won.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Who cares? Women's issues should be decided by women.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.