1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, but it's not like this takes very long.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Didn't say this one in particular did, although I would be curious to know more about how it works.

My comment was more about the general obsessions with tweets, and not just the ones from PRESIDENT TRUMP.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. MisterCreosote

I agree, but it's an easy way to "cover" the "news" without ever having to leave the office and actually talk to the people involved. It's not going away any time soon.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Realistically, though, it's becoming vitally important to do something like this given how much people have begun to rely on social media - Twitter, in particular - to get their news. If all they're seeing in their Twitter feed is lies, they're going to have a distorted view of reality. This actually makes it easy for people to quickly see what is true or not.

I get that concerned citizens should make it their business to seek out legitimate news sources and inform themselves, but given that a large swath of the population will never do that (liberal or conservative, rich or poor, etc.), this seems like a good way to help make sure readers have the facts.

This is something that should grow, not something to be sneered at.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why did nobody ever accuse Obama, Bush Jr. or Sr., Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, JFK, Truman or Roosevelt of wanting to screw their daughters?

Perhaps because they never went on teevee (Multiple Times) and said they did?

Yeah that might be it.

THIS IS A PIG

7. MisterCreosote

It remains to be seen how good a step in the right direction this is, though it seems promising.

But media also tends to forget that less than a quarter of American adults are even on Twitter, let alone active users.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Trump's reaction to negligible crowds/women's march reminds me of the scene from FX's "The People vs. O.J. Simpson" where Simpson is heading back to Rockingham after being acquitted. To him the world is back on its axis, and he's back on top.

Then he sees people on the street shouting "Murderer!", and he can't understand why he can't get a reservation at a restaurant.

"I was found not guilty."

Trump: "But I won the election."

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Yes it did.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Betty Draper vote -- how Trump won the election -- is on Facebook as part of the 58 percent of Americans who use it. That's the most important place to share the info.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.