1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kerry makes "off the cuff" "hypothetical" remarks:

American plans for military strikes on Syria were in disarray last night after Russia seized on a blunder from US Secretary of State John Kerry.

Mr Kerry suggested the Syrian tyrant could prevent international military action against his country by giving up his chemical weapons arsenal.

Syria: Russia tells Assad to surrender chemical weapons as Kremlin seizes on 'goof' from John Kerry | Daily Mail Online

Russia jumps on the remarks, gets its foot in the door in Syria:

In any case, the deal was at least a temporary reprieve for President Bashar al-Assad and his Syrian government, and it formally placed international decision-making about Syria into the purview of Russia, one of Mr. Assad’s staunchest supporters and military suppliers.

That reality was bitterly seized on by the fractured Syrian rebel forces, most of which have pleaded for American airstrikes. Gen. Salim Idris, the head of the Western-backed rebels’ nominal military command, the Supreme Military Council, denounced the initiative.

“All of this initiative does not interest us. Russia is a partner with the regime in killing the Syrian people,” he told reporters in Istanbul. “A crime against humanity has been committed, and there is not any mention of accountability.”

U.S. and Russia Reach Deal to Destroy Syria’s Chemical Arms

US sat back and watched ISIS grow, thinking it would force Assad into a political solution. But, Russia came in -- surprisingly to Kerry --and changed everything:

"The reason Russia came in is because ISIL was getting stronger. Daesh was threatening the possibility of going to Damascus, and so forth, and that's why Russia came in, because they didn't want a Daesh government--and they supported Assad.

And we know that this was growing--we were watching. We saw that Daesh was growing in strength, and we thought Assad was threatened. We thought, however, we could probably manage--that Assad might then negotiate. Instead of negotiating, you got Putin support.

So, it's truly compli--you know how complicated it is, you live in it. But for us politically, where we have a Congress that will not authorize our use of force--Congress will not pass that. So, we're trying to help the best way we can, but we finally decided the best thing we can do is try to find a way to have a political solution..."

LISTEN: Kerry Admits Obama Watched ISIS Get Stronger Before Russia Took Lead

Russia goes on to bomb the living crap out of Aleppo, and other cities, committing war crimes, and increasing the humanitarian/refugee crisis.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That was wrong of Nugent. He should have been paid a visit by the Secret Service. Doesn't change Madonna dropping F bombs and hoping someone bombs the White House.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Hey, contractors and the corporations that supply them need gubmint money too!

8. Inky_Wretch

Read the article. Particularly at the end.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The day before I was to fly out to interview for the gig that I've now had for 14 years, the system for which I work announced a hiring freeze effective at 5 p.m. My unit hired nine people (including me) that day. A couple of those people were actually at job interviews at other universities but were reached via cell ... "Hey, are you somewhere you can talk?"

The day something like this is anything other than posing is the day I eat my fucking hat.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't vote for Trump. He said a lot of dumb things but he never said those words. Stop going over the top and get serious about the discussion because you're not helping your cause.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Kansas says hi.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You know, I'm about sick of the military mastubating in this country, in this instance by excluding them in this freeze. There are plenty of people in the military and in public safety who suck at their jobs and don't deserve raises either. Either fuck em all or fuck none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.