1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Speaking of intellectually lazy.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's obvious to me that the Big Lie is an intentional diversion. Trump throws out a tweet storm or his team says something outrageous every time they make a move they want to slip through under the radar. We're talking about Dipping Dots Boy's whoppers, instead of Trump and his brownsh- er, minions rolling back human rights.

Others have employed this tactic before in the last century.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm rubber you're glue.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's the Gish Gallop throttled up to infinite volume. Everything is bullshit.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What about Mike?

dixiehack likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You don't need to listen to anything I say, but we're members of the same message board. You went out of your way to introduce this nobody clown from a fake news site into the discussion. I'm wondering why I should care?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I see how eager you are to provide those links. And if you're going to cite the Howard Stern interview where Stern called Trump's daughter a "piece of ass" and Trump just said yeah, that hardly rises to the level of incest. Creepy? Yeah.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good grief, Spicer, grow a pair.

EDIT for video.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the distraction idea posted here is operating in reverse. It's the Republicans in Congress who WANT Trump to be diverted. The more he goes off on these weird tangents and his spokesliars spend all day talking about them, the more Trump thinks he's the center of the universe. In the meantime, he won't notice he's signing off on legislative items he campaigned against because he knew they were unpopular. The White House switchboard direct number for the public no longer responds. There's just an automated message telling callers to post their beef on Facebook. I think it's much more a Gov. Le Petomaine-Hedley Lamarr situation than that there's some kind of strategy coming from inside the White House. Everybody there is just trying to get through the day without getting fired or having Trump go off on yet another rage bender.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Man, Paul Ryan has stopped even pretending to give a fuck about anything besides currying Trump's favor.

He praised the executive order pulling out of the TPP. He was the single biggest legislative supporter of the TPP!

Paul Ryan used to love TPP. Then came Donald Trump.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You weren't able to leave a voicemail? Did you post on FB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.