1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Are most BLM folks in a rush to take on other causes, as well?

QYFW likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, they'd have been there. Probably for a Sanders inaugural, too.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Bernie bros don't believe Trump is their enemy. They believe Hillary and the Democratic establishment is.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You can damn well bet it will be staggered to make sure it doesn't cover anybody currently over, say, 50. I.E. Republican voters.

Basically, the worst generation in memory is determined to make sure they suck up everything they can on the way out.

Jssst21 likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm just shocked he also didn't announce that he's allowing them to use household grade PVC pipe in their construction.

#smallvictories

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How does a former official have duties? I see what they're trying to do with the "on account of", but that just means you are trying to criminalize criticism of past activities (i.e. free speech) when it otherwise wouldn't be if directed at a common citizen. Even the current conservatives on Scotus would call bullshit on that.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The filibuster is intact. We haven't nuked anybody with a surprise preemptive strike. The Obamacare replacement appears to be some form of punting to the states and letting red states be the ones to tell their poor citizenry to go sit on a nail rather than just outright stripping everyone.

Honestly, so far, better than I feared.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And all of that sweet sweet Boomer cash will be vacuumed up by increased health care and prescription drug costs. And when it's all gone, they can go into an assisted living facility, gobbling up the remainder of the family inheritance.

They're gonna fuck everyone, including their kids, on the way out the door.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's the GOP philosophy, period.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Doesn't it make sense to raise the Social Security age, though? It's the same as it was when the program was instituted in 1935, when the average life span was 17 years shorter.

I hate that what they want to do is turn around and give their big donors a tax break instead of using it to balance the books, but I have always felt that readjusting the age (and means testing incidentally) is a good prescription for Social Security.

Jssst21, YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Me and Mrs. Whitman'a remaining parents don't have any money anyway, so it's all good. What they do have I hope they spend with their last breath.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you did it in concert with lifting the cap on how much income is subject to SS tax, I'd be inclined to agree. But pepperoni pizzas will rain down from the sky thrice daily to feed God's people before the GOP agrees to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.