1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good Lord, no they're not. We may pretend, for accounting purposes, that it's split between the employee and the employer, but it's not.

And eliminating the ceiling is not a trivial tax increase. For someone in the 25% bracket, that would be (effectively) a 50% increase in his/her marginal rate.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I've yet to see any real evidence that the dems have learned the lessons they should've learned from November's election. I can't believe how many of these stupid racially-divisive statement I'm still hearing from the left. If y'all want eight years of Trump then keep saying this type of shit.

QYFW likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Does this include the Koch brothers?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think you'll find some (but not very many) republican legislators who "support" private sector unions, at least when they're not proposing union-gutting "right to work" legislation or confirming anti-labor labor secretaries and NLRB appointees.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've done my own spreadsheet to find the "breakeven" point for each age I can start receiving benefits.

If I start taking at 62, I will have reached the 'breakeven' point of payments received at age 77, compared to if I start taking payments at 67. My breakeven point between age 67 and 70 is age 81.

I have real concerns that the fund will be around at my age 81 (2045). I don't expect anybody else to agree with me.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What fund? There ain't no fucking fund now.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

On the day Trump pushes Keystone and DAPL back into motion ...

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

#alternativefacts

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Spill, baby, spill!

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Republicans do love them some public sector unions so long as that union is the FOP, because that goes hand in hand with elevating police and the military from respected professions to authoritarian fetish objects.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most republicans support the absolute elimination of unions. All unions. Full Stop.

Unions interfere with the one-to-one relationship between employer and employee in beautiful ideal theoretical free market capitalism. And thus must be eliminated.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.