1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is only a matter of time before ICE under the Trump administration deports one or more actual American citizens. Five days in, and I'm convinced. Our constitutional democracy and its traditional norms will not survive this administration. What comes next might be better (low probability) or worse (high probability) or horrific (low probability again). But we'll either wind up with a one-party Republican party state run on Jim Crow principles, or the Republican party will be altered beyond recognition through near destruction.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or he'll kill us all in nuclear war.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I almost get the feeling you'd enjoy that, just to be able to say "I told you so."

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

How many of these ominous predictions are you going to make?

I agree the guy is an asshole, is entirely unfit to be president and is a national disgrace, but get a grip, man.

Stoney likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

We'll see. I stand by my prediction. For further good cheer, I refer you to the Twitter feed of Times reporter Maggie Haberman, who has incredible access to Trump and his advisers despite burying him in more than one story. It's about the weekend and Trump's emotions during that period. Key line, "advisers say he's most self-destructive when the stakes are highest." Gosh, that's reassuring.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz wouldn't have been especially negative? Here's a guy who went out of his way to bash Jimmy Carter on the day Carter revealed he had cancer.

7. tapintoamerica

Rasmussen Reports is widely considered the least reliable and most fanboy-ish polling firm in the business.

8. tapintoamerica

His appointee for HUD has zero experience and even admitted he was not qualified for any cabinet post.
    His Education nominee has no experience in public education.
    His Energy nominee thinks the department should be shuttered.
    Nice work.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It'd be far more in line with our constitutional democracy's "traditional norms" if they just executed them without any oversight or check.

10. Michael_ Gee

Bitter, but I can't say you're wrong.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.