1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was thinking this the other day: I'm not sure I recall Trump ever laughing. A real genuine laugh. He smiles sometimes. But he seems void of a sense of humor. And he certainly has no sense of self deprication.

It's.... odd. Maybe I'm wrong and someone will show me a bunch of times he's really, rally laughed.

Iron_chet likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How long does it take to put out a press release expressing sympathy and promising federal assistance asap? That's politics 101, "I feel your pain, and I'll get in a helicopter and fly over the debris as soon as my schedule permits." Is everyone around him a complete political newbie?

On second thought, I withdraw the question.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump is really good at the smug grin, and he seems to enjoy it a lot when he can force someone to do something he knows they don't want to do. That's all I got.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Will Trump withhold the $275m in federal anti-terrorism funding that sanctuary NYC receives?

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

PRESIDENT TRUMP enjoys playing riveting games of chess in the Oval Office with Ben Carson. They get their biggest laugh at the start of the game when they choose their pieces.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That is one thing it appears Trump is going to struggle with. He has his ideas, and an agenda for what he wants to do. Some of the more mundane procedural stuff, however, seems like it might trip him up. Things like disaster declarations and getting the wheels in motion to get money flowing. Understanding that there's a process for federal grants that the law requires everyone to follow, and cutting it off or cutting through red tape might not be the wisest or most legal thing to do.

He's a guy who has a bunch of great recipes, can cook a little bit, and has an idea for a gimmick, so he bought a restaurant. Only he doesn't understand the 500 moments of preparation and minutiae that go into each day to make a restaurant successful. Hopefully, for all our sakes, he figures it out quickly or he has enough people around him to keep the wheels moving until he does.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: the wall

Issue bonds for it. Let the Trumpistas buy them. They will get their payoff when Trump gets the money back from Mexico.

Neutral Corner and Killick like this.
  8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Color me impressed that a party that can goose between 2.2 and 3.7 percent of the votes, do it almost completely undetected, and yet hold no branch of government and get crushed on the local level. A cool 3-5 million votes created without a slew of major leaks, but no ability to extend the fraud into high-leverage races.

Yes. Sure. That's a thing.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He always makes Carson play black because, well, you know.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was thinking of watching this tonight, but if it's the same Trump lunacy, think I'll catch a movie on Netflix instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.