1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Stop assuming he's dumb. He's not bright in a traditional sense, but he's very slowly creating the landscape he wants and needs.

Ace likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Amazed Trump would want anything positive to do with the NFL after they shut him out of the ownership club. Maybe he's shipping Woody Johnson overseas because he thinks they'll give him the Jets and he can resign to go play with his new toy.*

* They should absolutely make him this offer.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Genuine national crises are really once-in-a-generation events at most. Most presidents never have to deal with them. It's the made-up crises --- who's our boogeyman of the month? ---- that keep fucking us.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, which is why it's concerning that the President is an injustice collector who obsesses about perceived slights.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The good news (I'm reaching here) is that he's more obsessed about PERSONAL slights and would not seem the type to worry about funding a bunch of bad guys overseas to fight a bunch of worse guys (in our view).

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I oppose 98% of what Trump is pushing, and I feel the same damn way about my SocSec and Medicare. Old school pensions have been all but exterminated, and the Koch Brothers are busy trying to kill any that are left. The middle class is not able to sock away enough in IRA's and 401k's to last them through extended retirement, often leaving one or both of them to try to keep working to make ends meet. I refer here to the real lower middle to middle class, who are often a couple of paychecks away from true financial hardship, not the $250k a year couples.

We've got some money put back, and my wife has twenty seven years in a state job, so we'll have her pension and access to insurance through the state retirement, but we'd still be one serious hospitalization away from deep financial trouble. At that we're better off than most.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I got wind of how Presidente Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. It's a four-pronged approach:

Taco tax
    Sombrero surcharge
    Tequila tariff
    Graffiti gratuity

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I slipped on tile Christmas night 2015 and broke my left wrist. Second surgery due next month. I am comfortable if not wealthy in retirement, but w/o Medicare, I figure I'd be out $100K plus for a non-life threatening injury. Why others should be denied what I have escapes me, unless the reasons are simple greed and cruelty.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I will riot.

Spartan Squad, Ace and Stoney like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.