1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Paul Ryan is going to burst into flames during the first TV interview he has to do defending protectionism.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Tax dollars well spent.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, I said elsewhere I'm not busy right now. You've got to step up your trolling.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That would require him having some principles other than "Do whatever I can to stay in office."

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It's on, in full effect.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The first shots in the trade wars that will leave Americans poorer. Like everyone else who goes into business with Trump.

Ace likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oddly, the interview segment I thought I linked is different from the one posted above. The video I saw had him walking with the President around the White House, talking about the decor and the letter President Obama left for him, etc. Not a single probing question, even when the President twice pointed to photos showing the inauguration and discussed the YUGE size of the crowd.

It was an 8-minute segment of the longer interview, which I can't find right now. I wasn't aware of this portion of the interview (even though I somehow linked to it). Agree with you, he did a nice job here.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The segment you saw must have been the White House tour Muir got after the formal interview.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shit. I didn't want to be right.

Off by 5% though.

Ace and Riptide like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Won't Congress have to approve the tax hike on Mexico? And does anyone really expect a Republican-controlled Congress to approve any tax hike, just because POTUS said so?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, yes

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Do you really expect the Republicans in Congress to stand up to Trump over principles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.