1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of those items - a huge set of power lines going from wind farms in western Oklahoma to Memphis - was opposed by the Arkansas delegation to D.C. when Obama's administration backed it. Vegas has yet to post odds on how quickly they'll flip to supporting it.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Are they wrong? Where do self-proclaimed evangelicals, of whom an estimated 80 percent voted for Trump, stand on immigration? How about help for the poor? Or capital punishment?
    Do they support the GOP's revocation of health insurance ?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's also a lot of fun on Facebook to point out to religious anti-abortionists that the God as portrayed in the Bible also killed a lot of innocent babies and pregnant women during several different Bible stories. Usually the responses range from "Well, he's God, he can do that," to "There's nothing in the Bible that says that!"

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Is SJ.com theology better than SJ.com legal scholar?

YankeeFan, doctorquant and RickStain like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If a depraved sick fuck pervert like Donald Trump showed up at any school nursery, any responsible parent would see to it the fucker was dragged off at gunpoint. Or maybe in a rubber bag.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One's an acquired taste. The other's not.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My chest-thumping Evangelical family members really didn't like it when I mentioned Matthew 25:31-46 when they were excitedly talking about barring refugees and building a wall to keep out Mexicans during our holiday get-togethers.

They seem to think the USA is a Christian nation - but don't have to follow His word when it comes to foreigners.

8. doctorquant

I think your "What'd they name it?" argument is stronger.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dunno. We may need a cage match to settle this.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

My mother's former secretary is a very nice but pious Baptist who, I'm sure, is a Trumper. Her daughter, who apparently is so obnoxious she couldn't get a starting job as an elementary school teacher anywhere, is soon to be married ... to a Mexican she met on a cruise! Gotta tell you, the Facebook updates (the usual nonsense) from that crew have gotten awfully sparse these last couple of months,

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think most actually believe the "new" as-to-be-determined health insurance will be better.

An unknown number are fine with the ACA . . . they just want "Obamacare" repealed (we know they're the same thing but can't tell if the Facebook exchanges from people who don't know this are fake or not).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.